Applicants should be self-motivated and be capable of working either autonomously or as part of a team. Being a confident strong technologist is paramount. It is crucial to be able to pick up new skills quickly as well as switch contexts in a fast paced environment.
Highly competitive graduate salary, commensurate with experience. Foreign travel opportunities and personal development programme. Friendly comfortable supportive working in a campus environment.
We are seeking applications from current and future graduates. Please send your CV and covering letter detailing when you are graduating to email@example.com
At nquiringminds you will help to develop applications and software for a variety of projects. These range from mobile applications focussing on a smooth user experience to highly optimised code for IoT devices. You should feel comfortable implementing mathematical, statistical functions and algorithms in code. At nquiringminds, we work in a fast paced environment with an expectation that you can work both as an individual and as part of a team to deliver high quality and reliable systems for both research and commercial projects.
Successful applicants will be able to research solutions independently, and learn new libraries/languages if necessary. nquiringminds works with universities such as Southampton and Oxford and Brunel Innovation Centre on a range of cutting edge research projects and encourages PhD and MSc applicants.
- Computer science, engineering degree or self taught;
- Evidence of programming skills (work experience, github account, open source, etc);
- Passion for coding (participations in hackathons, olimpiads, etc);
- Problem solving skills and fast learner.
Basic programming skills:
- Python – competent or
- C/C++ – competent or
- Competent in any other programming language as long you can become competent in the above 3 languages in a short amount of time.
- Git or other version control experience – must have
- React (native) – bonus;
- Sql/Nosql databases – bonus;
- Comfortable with Linux command line – bonus;
- Experience developing AI and ML algorithms;
- Experience developing radio communication protocols;
- Experience developing code for embedded systems;
- Experience developing Linux drivers for WiFi, Cellular or Satellite communication;
- Experience with PCB design software;
- Experience with network administration and configuration.
Gamma House, University of Southampton’s Science Park, Chilworth.
- Designing and programming LORA based sensor units;
- Designing and programming Linux based hubs;
- Developing anomaly detection algorithms using ML/AI techniques (see https://ais.nqminds.com/vis);
- Developing computer vision algorithms for additive manufacturing applications.
To apply please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.